Sunday, November 13, 2011

"The eagle is on the move..."

Message by Pastor Ben today....absolutely straight to my very thirsty heart!  God gave him a word 3 years ago, almost to date, during a very tough time in his life and he found it last Wednesday during another very tough time and so he shared it with us.  Don't remember it verbatim but the general words were.."Just as the mother eagle pushes her babies from the nest in order to teach them to fly, so have I pushed you from your comfort zone, not to cause you harm, but to teach you to soar with me!"

The "going through the motions" as I have said so many times in the past, was SO MUCH MORE than just a ritual, it was instinct. A force of habit, a survival move that was embedded in me a looooong time ago.  I was flapping my wings simply out of survival because instinctively I knew, this is what I am suppose to do and if I do it long enough, I'm gonna catch a breeze and eventually soar with the eagles.

As I was praying at alter call, I finally felt the word from God that I have sought after for 11 straight months now!!!  He told me, "When I nudged you and asked of you something that was very uncomfortable and unfamiliar & you finally acknowledge it and was willing to follow & step into the unknown, I withdrew from you and waited...a proving time, to see if you could really survive and continue in what you know even if it wasn't easy...you have proven yourself to me and now I will send your answers!"

Does anyone else know what that kind of relief feels like?  WOW....

No comments:

Post a Comment