Monday, September 10, 2012

Taking a Jog...

This was my view this morning at 6:45AM...


Isn't it just amazing?  It was in the 40's and I could see my breath...Ahhhhhh

Anyway,  I set my alarm this early because I have decided, I want to run a 5K!!  lol  My husbands response was, "You're not going to run a 5K!  That's a long way!"  To which I responded "I will or die trying now!!!!"  ;)  I am using this neat app on my iPhone called C25K (Couch To 5K) and it's an 8/9 week calender, 3 days a week and a 20-30 minute session.  Warm Up, Brisk walk, 60 seconds of jogging and then 90 seconds of walking, alternating for a full 20-30 minute workout!  The next week is a longer jogging period and so on!! 

I am proud to say, I completed the entire session!!!  We have a 2 miles loop through the property where we live and I walked/jogged it and then a little more- woohHoo!!  I felt SOOOO good when I finished! 


My friend, Trina (who I will introduce in another blog post) has been a great support and encouragement and has even agreed to join in on my inaugural 5K.  Trina and my cousin, Jessica are going to be my supporters and my running partners- YEAH!!!

I am looking and looking for a 5K in December or January here in my area that I can run!  I think I found one too!.  It in Seneca Falls, NY on December 8th! (http://itsawonderfulrun5k.com/) Seneca Falls, NY is the hometown of the original Bedford Falls in the Christmas movie "It's a Wonderful Life."  How fun is that?  They have an annual Festival in honor of the movie and the 5K run is a part of it!  I think it's gonna be perfect!!

I'm stoked right now.  May need some encouragement along the way but right now, I AM HITTING IT!!!!
 
***2 miles down- Week 1 Day 1 of c25k***


No comments:

Post a Comment