Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I don't wanna grow up....

....it's too hard!!!

No one can make my decisions for me, whether it be what I wear, eat or what house to buy!  No one is responsible FOR my decisions but me....so therefore I have to really think about what I say and do.

No more, crying and someone coming and fixing the problem or removing me from what scares me...when I grew up, I had to face those things head on and "deal with them!"  With growing up came a lot of fun things like; cars, houses, husband, kids, adult friends, etc...  But along with those things came a lot of not so fun things as well, like; repair bills, electric bills, clothes to wash, sickness, death, fights, etc.

The only true "relief" I know of, is my relationship with God and my trust in Him.  Trust is such a hard thing to cultivate.  It is not something that is just born, bought or demanded.  It is earned, cultivated and given.  But once you allow yourself to become vulnerable enough to trust God, there is such peace and security that nothing else can replace.  Because if you truly trust Him and His decisions in your life, then, even if the situation scares you to death, you still have the security that He knows the way I take and has my best interest at heart, at all times. 

So, in those times that I don't know where or why...I still trust that "He's got it!" and that's all I need to know!

"Still I will trust you-  Still I will follow

Still I will listen- To your every calling

Though the storm rages high- and I cant find my way

Still I will trust you, Lord!"

1 comment:

  1. have been in and out of tears so munch lately, trying to get right and be right and do right, to please God in all i say and do, act and react-- and have been told lately, and believe its true, that on the other side of the coin, the same goes for others...noone can make thier decisions for them, whether it be what they wear, put in thier body or what they spend thier time and money on! No one is responsible FOR thier decisions but them... we are responsible for our own actions and thoughts, and with God, we can get past the hurt feelings others put on us, and God has HIS plan for Us in spited of others, they have thier own accountability, let go sometimes is the best way. just be who God shows us we are to be. Thats what God looks at in us. thanks for your blog post. it hit home! love ya Heather, hugs.

    ReplyDelete